Monday, June 26, 2017

Val's Stitcheries with cat designs

Val posted these to me last evening ...I just love the pinks.
I originally worked this cat club in blues...
These pinks & the pastel green is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing Val.

When I drew these in Cohuna about 15 years ago maybe....my cat Millie lived with me then...
She would wistfully look into the branches at some cheeky bird...
The gardens I drew were completely in my past from Canberra...as the soil in that first house in Cohuna had toughened over ...
These have evoked many memories


The beginnings of my own cats that stayed for many years was in Brisbane
when a flatmate went off to collect her kitten & arrived back with 2..she thought I'd love it.
It was tiny, black fur that stuck straight out & I called her Mousetrap...
Her sister was a tabby & white beauty named Alice..
Two so different like all siblings I think ...
Mousetrap would climb this huge tall pine tree & Alice would be at the base to go tell & some of our manly neighbours would climb up to rescue madam
When I moved to Canberra she came too & managed to be lost for 3 weeks...
A most terrible separation for me...
She was found, then escaped again from a motel....so well away from her home ...
Found again by these people who ran the motel in Queanbeyan...
Not long after that she retired to Cohuna to live with my parents...until she was 16.
To Mousetrap & Alice 

This says it all really 
My own home with a cat.....
Love this stitchery, it was also a button once ..anyone recall ???

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a really sweet piece and I love her fabric choices.
I still need to make my garden ones into a quilt.

Debbie

theodora said...

Hi Debbie, Yes I loved the colour choices Val made, so soft...just like a cat's fur LOL
Thes colours may spur you to make a garden spring quilt...but it's there when you need it !
Barb xxx