Sunday, June 18, 2017

Cottage Garden Threads


I was really happy.... today I had a wonderful conversation with Pam from Cottage Garden Threads ..
We talked about any number of work topics ...
as 
she selected buttons for her shop...

We can understand the nature of our work....
As Pam delicately paints each strand of her varigated thread range....( It's a HUGE RANGE) of magical colours blended along thread..taking much fine motor skills, consistence, persistence ..& total passion & not to mention concentration...
For me I ply the paint onto wood in a similar style... with those same attributes...

We discussed where our businesses began .....from a kitchen table somewhere LOL

So as Pam's process began with immaculate packaging of each skein of thread & a You Tube shows that manufacturing process...magic !
To this that Katie Dawson has design & stitched in the thread...and her friend has applie dit to a most divine chair..... 



 I was very fortunate to have been given gifts today of these 4 packs of threads which are suitable for Christmas stitching....
I needed to educate myself I thought after 2 events came together...Val had suggested stitching some of the new little brown paper Christmas designs in varigated ....& being into red as I paint I was not sure, so suggested red for santas but ok for other Christmas ...
Last night I thought of the Cottage Garden Threads & explored the reds today with Pam's advice.
So now I am keen....
The mind ticks over LOL   

Katie is doing these from a book designer who asked if she would stitch the designs for her...
As Pam & Brenda & Katie said yesterday that opportunities just happen & we go with them...
This is an amazing gorgeous fix & the small stitchings encased in Liberty fabric...I adore the threads hanging above.......all part of this so interesting story......
Then I am leaving Via the tumeric guy & Rosemary & Angelos .....
More things happen...see next post

No comments: