Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Surprise !!!

Yesterday I went home to Cohuna.....
for a special farewell...
While there I nipped into the Information centre 
Just inside  was this beautiful girl...
She is a winner as you see by her ribbons ...
The little calf is a fibre glass one...
Something about a cow ....


 The Information Centre is situated on the Gunbower Creek which flows from the Murray River & returns to it a bit further along.
This spot is right across form the strip shops that line the Murray Valley Hwy ...if you squint & are a camper or caravaner there is the free camping site just at the tip of the willow switch hanging down.. 

Turn to the left & follow the creek on this most beautiful natural walk ...
it has not changed since I lived there...left there in 1968 

Another cow....!!!
This has been carved in red gum I will guess...
my father worked in the woods in the Gunbower forest but I cannot tell one from the other ...
Again she has that stance ... 
 Carbungi ??? was part of our water experiences as kids & a little still persists in the weir part ...
I met someone I knew fishing near here yesterday & he was telling me the Murray Cod are being caught here........at the moment.....

All this is just a stroll from the Gannawarra Information Centre & the local shops & cafes..

No comments: