Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mostly Cats


Totally aside from what these pictures say...
I have been thinking....
( I know of some friends who roll their eyes when I begin a sentence like that LOL )
***
It began, as I drooled over the shop pictures on pinterest that I save on my board

All those shop fronts with awnings I adore...then there are the flowers & more flowers in tubs outside  shops....interesting cafes & cake shops..
So as I washed the dishes & I stared out over the green field I thought 
It is Mother's Day....
I thought of my mother who has now been gone a while 
 & 
really I was not at home often for occasions...I lived so far away..then.
I thought I have no children...
Then I thought of the program I caught on ABC TV last night of the
 Home for Unmarried Mothers in Ireland  
which was tragic even in the defining name.... 
you know there were a lot of unwed fathers missing from that story ...


So all these thoughts came together...
to take a Mother out for morning or afternoon tea or lunch.
*****
To a shop that was superb in decor....
I saw pinks...soft & feminine..
A pink & white awning over the shop door way..
with flowers in huge buckets at the doorway..
to take me in...
Pink & white huge  & not so huge pom poms floated on the walls...
To softest pink table cloths & fresh pink tulips & roses on tables ...all set beautifully..
I thought of my mother's face to take her to such a place...
***
Then I wondered in general now...
but come along this imaginery street with me ...
As I ask..( not the first time )
Why in our country do we not decor our shopping strips more ????
Imagine a street full of divine but individual shop fronts...
All with swept paths
 ( remember that weight loss exercise some of us were trained in to keep a good entry to our places of income & work ???) 
Planters out front.....or shop wares..delightfully decor 
( you know with thought & many do this & it is always pleasing to one's senses )
Windows are cleaned & shop displays are kept cleaned ( windows with floors !)
&
Displays are for taking me... the potential buyer ...on a journey... a shopping journey
Not rows that remind me I am in a supermarket spot...
with dreadful metal shelves floor to ceiling....row after row...until it gets tiring.
It also probably keeps many a purse closed...
Is it about love of retail...
A most interesting topic...
I could go on... quite passionate about it I now realise...
But these cats are calling....
Come meet these happy purring pusses
*** 

I had decided these  
cats all needed painting...
So with 10 Batches of blank cats sitting there..
I could not do all in pastels ...so brights came in as well
Not all are spotted some are striped & 2 I think have wiggly lines ..
Then the cat quartets were painted in pastels..

 Then as you see here...
The French flower barrow got treated to a brightish blue & yellow...which I loved but many won't so only the one will be on sale LOL
Pop over to the cats buttons area in the web www.theodoracleave.com....



2 comments:

RETAZOS DEL ALMA said...

Todos los días deben ser el día de las Madres y que hayan muchas flores!!! Preciosos sus gatos, me encantan!

Abrazos desde Colombia

CARMEN

theodora said...


Every day must be Mother's Day and have many flowers !!! Precious cats, I love them!

Hugs from Colombia

yes A nice way to live surrounded by happy colours & cats & flowers & Christmas Barb xxxx