Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Walking up View St Bendigo

I had parked way up at the top of the hill in View Street this morning 
&
Walked down to the city...
Past the huge crane installing the vast mirror maze that will go on in the park from  the 7th April..

I meandered a little in the town square, despairing at the empty shops ....such a beautiful part of the city.....& it could be so magical embracing all this rich architecture...

I cross what is the highway to go back up View St...
It is a hill, so if you visit the art gallery from the railway station, wear walking shoes !!!
I am getting fitter these days & do not labour too much getting up the hill I noticed with pride...

As I walk I do cheat a little as this is all in one block on one side of the street...EXCEPT the detailed lattice ironwork is on the other side.

If I take my camera I often stop & look up..
Fruit falling from a cornet....just how wonderful.
There is much to see just on the first picture...

By chance I have a reflection of a tree in the window ...
Just observe that border under the guttering... 

We have only progressed a short way to find this amazing door & the window is square but with an arched overlay...& some etching design & something in relief too !!!
Loving that blue colour too

I look up & to the side & the arched ??? on the top...
Is it shade for the birds I wonder ..
Wonder if there was a garden there once ?

Across the road 
Oh la la..
It is a design in full swing...
so much richness !!! just in that ironwork..
But under this are windows with the most divine decoration ..OH wow..
I see this often but ...... it never ceases to amaze me of the design wealth in this city...
It is slightly squandered for a modern look..... many times ....


A little alleyway & this gate is just a work of art in itself..
I haven't reached the art gallery yet !!!!
When I do I pop in for a look at 130 years on display ...
It is not only history but  an art show from the gifts of the ancestors ...
for free walking along the streets....

At Easter the Chinese wake the dragon ...so it can weave it's colourful body through the streets with vibrant colour & noise of the drums & the lion dancers...
Come see it... catch the train from Melbourne ...


No comments: