Wednesday, April 5, 2017

On Display


 I have the best time creating these display boards...
But maybe ....
I'll have a spell now LOL

It is a great way to pull all styles of buttons into one spot...
Sometimes it takes a while to get the board layout sorted..
All boards & inks come with a risk LOL
Too dark...oh why did i use that as a stencil
what is around that will break the picture up
I try to theme but then some that just goes totally out the window...
I say does that really matter....break the boundaries... stretch your creativity...just see what happens...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I have quite a few houses on one board.........with sheep & birds & cats & bunnies...oh I forgot the dogs....


I pulled all the boards I have now completed onto the floor for their cameo shot...
ARE YOU INSPIRED YET ???

You don't need to fill the board with as many buttons as I do ...
As for me these are working samples...
but
they also can be interesting & fun 
See the first board ....
I had purchased a couple of these wood round boards & I have some from some years ago of my own designs.....
but this fitted perfectly around the stencil I had sprayed on this board...
I spotted a little crocheted flower...just perfect & a tiny bird button on top
In the left hand corner the word is Inspire... used as a stencil from a little pack of words I bought once..
so useful is that...!
Then at the base I have a few buttons in the garden theme & one word....
You could have less on some tags ....

See I never know how these will sort of sit ...
I grab ribbons & tapes & ric rac..tags of all sorts ( I love all of that & if any of you recall A Day In Paris Quilt I did years ago now I did that same embellishing but with bling crystals & mother of pear buttons 
 ....you see the things I collect ????.....



I know I am going on....
but I am on "fire " 
LOL
 No imagine these made on fabric...
Linen with it's rich texture.... some antique lace 
....what else ?
Stitcheries .... look even use some you have waiting for the project to arrive..
at the end or maybe before you begin .... get a large frame to house the finished project in...


Make Swags ...my simple way ...
add buttons of any theme ...just be mine LOL ohhhh how lovely would that be

No comments: