Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Cooler this morning

i love shifting my focus.... to other things that create my world, that have shaped me in this way...
Flowers &  gardens on a 1/4 acre block 
over the short while I lived at home...
I sat amongst the brightly coloured calendula & shared their dirt....!
I learnt the perfumes of violets my Nana ( Theodora) wore in her lapel
I played way in a big square flower garden we once had with dahlias ..then zinneas, then balsams 
I used to find a way into the centre of this garden & sit with my imagination ...
The vegetable garden is what I see coming back into existence today...  
Rows of tomatoes, beans, radishes, lettuce & onions 
way down the vast back yard behind the chooks pen in summer grew pumpkins, rockmelons & marrows & occasionally watermelons... they wove their way over a huge piece of the land...
Back up towards the house was a huge square bed of asparagus & another of strawberries

So now you see a little of that influence..
That magic of gardens ...
in my drawings that in 
the last maybe now 15 years are buttons
before that stitcheries
~~~~~~
Today is cooler, a little rain...
perhaps a little walk around the lake...
then I feel the need for a little escape ...
to drive to peel layers of heat away
walk in one of my favourite villages nearby....

A part of me is reluctant to go....because I do not wish the village to disappoint me in what I usually gain from this....only way is to try....isn't it ?

In case anyone is curious I have closed my facebook accounts...
a sense of freedom for me now LOL 


2 comments:

Martina said...

Oh, looks so pretty!
Hugs Martina

theodora said...

Thanks Martina !!! Guess you have little gardening at this time ??? Barb xx