Thursday, May 12, 2016

hmmm I am thinking...


I am pondering all sorts of things today...
It began with a book I am working through...
I was at the segment on setting boundaries...
I do have a few bollards LOL
also
on setting new habits which are different sorts of boundaries...like no chocolate ....

Then I came back to read 
While She Naps Newsletter.

This was addressing if quilt shows were still relevant & how internet has changed the market ...
I thought back to my own experiences...& also what I do ...
&
well 
I LOVE ...

QUILT SHOWS....
SCRAPBOOK/PAPER SHOWS 
CREATIVE MARKETS
***
I adore the booth displays ....


I love the atmosphere of what is fundamentally my tribe we get each other in the passion we feel to be there.... 


I am ever grateful for the organisers who put these shows on... so I can indulge in what today is many shops & designers with booths under one roof...

I do recall the days where we had only a couple of shows ....in big cities...
Now how fortunate are we...
We also in those days saw things that were so  exciting & interesting & we met new shops.
Today 
we get to speak to our international  designers ...see all the samples of their designs & buy from them.
&
Maybe it gives us much to dream for ???

For me that always will beat the internet ...
but
on saying that 
I like both.

2 comments:

kiwikid said...

I like the atmosphere and ideas you get a the shows, but not so much the crowds. Is ideal having lots of sellers in one place.

theodora said...

I usually like to be there as it opens & wander about ...then when it has got really crowded I am ready to go. Girlfriend & I in Canberra used to separate at the door & say see you in 2 hrs ...& most times we'd be ready for out the door ! Fun though. Barb xxx