Saturday, April 2, 2016

Nearing the home run now & have been distracted

Things are settling on the sampler
in the way of birds, bees, hollyhocks & cherries
A few red French knots have been worked on the stamped overlay bits
to lift it a bit

This is at the top of the sampler......
The Cherry sits well
& you see you could cut this arrangement back before any hand stitching takes place
& could it become a journal cover....
well sometimes 
I have A4 journals too...
so that would look great


Because I work often making stories why should I limit myself to a particular structure or place
This is a small embroidery by itself oui ?
Some stitched flowers & some painted flowers & a bee or that could be a bird...or some trees... 
you know & on it goes.....LOL


 I have found a neat bag of ribbons 
&
Things are not so neat now 
as I have scattered the ric rac & ribbons 
some other buttons over the show


Now it begins to show off...
This sampler can as quickly turn into a Christmas one....
Adding this rather lovely array of my stockings & couple of stars I found....in the spares box
It is a story I have told before in one way or another..hanging up the stockings....



Now Christmas theme has arrived ....
I have gone off on a completely different tangent
Adding santa faces & santa pere noel..snowman
Anyone of my Christmas range perhaps would fit...
BUT if it doesn't change the base fabric of the red & white check...



Now ...I am so confused LOL
well here I have more than one project... scattered waiting...
to be in this sampler for a Christmas Cheer 
or
 set aside for another sampler

Once the back fabric pieces are painted & stamped
the next stage of creating begins...
How relaxing it is...
it feeds the soul...
it takes one off into another space....
No failing here !!!
Isn't that just the best way to spend a day ???
Come on up to Warracknabeal in July Dell or Shirley at Quilters Harvest to book.... 

No comments: