Saturday, April 9, 2016

Displays of Buttons

Ps.... when you read below you will understand the PS....is it passion..addiction ..or a need to say something ??????? LOL

It always begins as a simple task...
Put a few buttons on the card...
&
so the journey begins....
Buttons being sifted through & sorted...
Oh I need red stars...
Paint 3 sizes of red stars....
Maybe those deers ....????
as I pass by them in the storage boxes 
would look good painted in red & in off white ??
So before long an hour has gone by....

These Christmas ones will be packaged together....
I doubt I can find enough black tags to package for sale this way..
Stories are just that really... 
I give you the outline & some of the tools to make your own story...
I love the holly in a wreath....
You know if you have Marg Low Design's tag with big button reindeer
These could well be an extension to that pattern design...
as Marg & Designs by Fee has been doing ...adding different buttons to the same tag design 

Tags, gift bags, wall hangers, swags, frames, stockings....
I think by now you have got my drift...
Not everything looks fabulous in the same pattern design....
but 
other pattern designs will be a wonderful companion for these button sets...




The same went on when I started to lay these buttons out...
I thought to myself 
You know some people just put all the cats on one tag & be done with it...
For display....
No... these are new items or have been brought out of retirement...
So this means I can use these for the newsletter 
( which is long overdue)
Daisies in red....
 Nicole got a new red dress...
The rest of this set had been painted ...as extras ... 
those rare sights ..extras....
They all look as if they are out for that Day in Paris...
or 
Melbourne ..to the AQC perhaps... 
  Finally back in the garden.....
It is now lunchtime....
and I am hungry

8 comments:

Maria said...

Love them all. You are sew clever....

theodora said...

You are so kind Maria !!! Thank you Barb xxx

Nicole said...

I love the deers looking at the sky... You've been very busy, Barbara!

kiwikid said...

More beautiful buttons, love the sets.

theodora said...

Yes I have some love for deers... You see I gave your name sake a red dress,,,for special occasions !! Barb xxx

theodora said...

Thanks Sue... I love playing with them when the mood & time happen Barb xxx

Nicole said...

Thanks, Barbara!I love RED!
Trouble with the robot-thing.... I swear I'm not a robot !!

theodora said...

Hi Nicole
Your message came thru to my email but not here on the blog, never mind... put on you red dress ....and Fleetwood Mac you'll be rightLOL Barb xxx