Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Connections

NOW...just look at this building....
where the AQC was held....
Those doors are so amazing ....tall as.....


I was struck yesterday at how lovely connections are
I go to the Quilt and other creative shows to be amongst my tribe of creativity
 &
 people who are there who also love it all under one roof.
I was working in the industry when the craft shows arrived in Queanbeyan & then Canberra..
To browse my way up & down the aisles was a treat !!!!
Still is LOL !!!! 

Out of these days come connections
I had a beautiful hour as I waited for the exhibition to open speaking with one, then another & another joined the table to drink our coffees...
The conversations that flowed were so energising, interesting & just people connecting.
As we all got up to queue to go in 2 things happened for me....
As we all said our fond goodbyes & said we may see each other again.
One lady began to sing the Vera Lynn 'We'll meet again" song
Then as I stepped away from the table I saw my friend Val...
How much magic was in that hour !!!

Inside of course i saw people I so rarely see except at events & we connect happy to see each other again.
I was at Marg's booth loitering at the back waiting to inspect some fabric when Marg said 
"These are "Barb's Buttons, she is here"
I do the shrinking violet act, as I am fundamentally shy...
The lady from the group separates & says
"I did a class with you in Berrima Patchwork "
Wow I said that is some years ago now about 16 before I moved to Victoria.
"We did a santa,& I still have it "
You know it thrills me to meet my customers or class people ...

Yesterday, I had parked up the edge of city in Bendigo 
& I walk ...
I was returning after buying some gorgeous artifical pink roses at Provincial Decor Living 
& was going back to the car with a slight think about going to Dymocks to see if I could find the Helen Garner book on her life....I was looking at it in Tim's in Melb & decided I'd get it later ...silly ! 
As I came around a corner...
I passed an customer & class person I had not seen for some years.
Greta I said..... she looked & I thought ohhh maybe it is not her...
But I said  "Barb from Woodcutter's Daughter "
So ... we crossed the road to the nearest cafe  & chattering all the way.
I so enjoyed the connecting again....& we'll meet up again soon.

It was the same late last week before I went to Melb phone rang late afternoon...
It was a friend who I run into at places & we will catch up ... she delighted me by saying I'll call by in about an hour...
her friend lived in the country & had the hotel there so we would see each other often then...
that arvo we just began where ever we did once before LOL

On Saturday I popped out to Axedale to see a couple of friends enjoyed a quilting retreat...
Many different connection layers here....one we can always talk for hours
one that has been so interesting is a 3rd cousin....& we are connecting in  a stronger way...
I watch her stance at times & think 
I do that.... she mentions some thing I do..... & another ...
So we all link & I love it !
Enjoy my view of the building.  





No comments: