Monday, March 21, 2016

Today I visited Cohuna Patchwork Group

Lorraine's quilt which is super detailed with many stitches, colouring in & none of the photos I did have done it justice.
This quilt won several prizes at the local show on the weekend.
It is a BOM from Faeries in My Garden 


 Lorraine & her finished work !


Norma's quilt is gorgeous in felt, stitching on each piece of felt & fabric.
Norma is a cousin of mine... so we had some snippets of conversation on relatives.... some she knew well & I had only read about...


 Norma also had found this brooch of one of my earlier designs

One of the ladies was stitching a design from Bless Them Stitchers
I love the flowers stitching...

Many of the ladies were stitching ....I love to see what people are working on....it is always interesting to see the diversity.

I was able to buy some glass jugs, bowls from the Historical Society Trash & Treasure   which is a great place to find interesting & very reasonable pieces...
I use these for storage & styling of my work.

Then I met another friend in the park by the creek across from the shops for an outdoor lunch...

I also ran into Lee who used to have a quilt shop in town & began the successful quilting retreat weekends in Cohuna.....some of you may recall those early days ...& that basis continues today with a shire Aust Day award this year with the group who now carry Cubby House Quilter's forward.

4 comments:

barb's creations said...

My home town, must try and get there when this quilt show happens next time I visit my parents...wish I had quilted/stitched while living there in my teens, early twenties would love to have seen the shop :) Barb.

theodora said...

Hi Barb, The quilt Cubby House retreat is may /June usually .... always has great tutors & classes are housed in many of the halls. Now interesting do they have a quilt display ..at that time..I cannot recall. I think some...?
It was nice to sit near the creek & eat lunch & see friends ...& just stroll. The day is never quite enough time. Barb xx

Nicole said...

What a beautiful quilt! I wish I had more time to start such a wonder, but all my hours are spent in the garden now...spring is here !
Xxx

theodora said...

It sure was a beautiful sight ..the quilt & the work involved....Enjoy the spring gardening !!!
Barb xxx