Sunday, March 13, 2016

She is called Jillian

Update re Dubbo Craft Alive show 
where Marg Low Designs will be with some designs featuring my buttons
I browsed this one facebook...lovely  sorry it's a bit of a link but I want to ensure you find it LOL
https://www.facebook.com/CraftAlive/photos_stream?__xt__=33.%7B%22logging_data%22%3A%7B%22page_id%22%3A292282634147711%2C%22event_type%22%3A%22clicked_all_page_photos%22%2C%22impression_info%22%3A%22eyJmIjp7Iml0ZW1fY291bnQiOiI0In19%22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22www_events_permalink%22%2C%22interacted_story_type%22%3A%22691659384267667%22%2C%22session_id%22%3A%22MCAwLjQ0NjM2ODAwIDE0NTYyMDQ5MDAgODQ5NTM4MzUz%22%7D%7D
Marg will have my favourite all time Tag kit there.
Copyright Marg Low Designs & Barb Smith of Theodora Cleave

**************
Another in The Day in Paris collection, this is Jillian.
I felt she had attitude...

*****
A delightfully cool night to sleep & dream....
Both were divine !  
Seriously though it just starts the day so much better than groping into wakefulness feeling hot & unrested.... bring on autumn

This summer I have thought quite a few times as I sweltered inside in that heat...no where to escape.
Plant more trees ......
I am for deciduous trees, that allow sun & light to the home in winter but bring shade & cool for the summer....but then I also adore the crunch of autumn leaves under foot...
I have watched a few of MONTY DON  documentaries ... seems the wrong word..
He was in France on a particular hot day I watched the visits to vege gardens in France.
I must say I sunk into that scenery so easily.
What I observed was around the perimeters of each huge garden were deciduous trees... giving a shelter & I  it made sense...
When I took a glimpse out my window there were a batch of gum trees in bushand... a few deciduous  trees on the property next door...
Nothing to block the heat from the bitumen road & harsh dry land between me and the bush.

I dream of things like crab apple trees.... 
how beautiful are they in each of their seasons
In my Florey Canberra garden I was lucky to have one arrive in the middle of my herb garden....via a bird on the wires above...
I left it there & planted around it...
when it blossomed it was so beautiful, when it fruited ahhh the bunches of red....in autumn it turned orange ....

2 comments:

Gudrun said...

Dear Barabara!

I HAVE to stitch these ladies,they are so lovely.
Thanks for charing.
Hugs Gudrun

theodora said...

I will look forward to seeing it all finished Gudrun ...I know it will be lovely Barb xxx