Monday, March 7, 2016

amazing how a cool breeze

I have been considering how amazing a cool breeze can bring on feelings of amnesia, that it has been constantly so hot for days & nights !
How does it make me feel then ??? 
Happy....hopeful that tomorrow will not be 39 as promised by the weather man.... 

My days have been split differently as the sun moves away from my window or before it reaches the window, 
I paint.....
in the heat of the afternoon..
I often waste ....
or go out, 
meet a friend, 
lunch, 
chat on the phone....
During this extended period of late hot summer I have managed to do a bit of work....
the collage says something !!!

Today I began to paint a batch for Noemie's shop in France ready for a display in Magic Patch magazine in France & Olivia from the magazine tells me this evening it will be May/June issue....
I am painting a lovely selection...
&
I always feel so very fortunate this is happening to me !!! LOL

Recently I have been painting lots of bees..I love the bees, so useful.
Tomorrow or the following day a new batch of buttons that were Christmas decorations arrive....
It will be a flurry of excitement, as I will want to paint them right away !

Today, I went to see the Marilyn Monroe exhibition... a wonderful display of her life.
I loved the way she worked the camera's she was amazing, 
there are movies rolling in different parts of the gallery, 
soft fabric gowns..one is an Australia designer's gown, delicately beaded....
Letters from movie houses & private pictures ....life, a life .  

It got me thinking that not too many people get to have an amazing display of their life after they have gone....
she was a young woman, when she left her life...but she had experienced so much....
Did you know she had been placed in foster care after she was born.... sometimes we do think a successful person has had a dream run, but often it is not the case is it ?
Now I have a little mirror of Marilyn to remind me to endeavour to be a little bit more glamorous each day 
.....
in the heat it is hard to find that LOL

2 comments:

Radka said...

I can see that you could do with some our freezing weather :-)
xx

theodora said...

Yes please Radka I will have a nice icy breeze right now !!! Barb xx