Thursday, February 11, 2016

Rabbits & Cats


What is it with sirens ..I was just in the bathroom cleaning my teeth with the window open onto what is  busy road when an ambulance turns it's siren on right as it passed by my window.
I jumped with fright & thought it's happening again ...
smoke detector has a temp alarm on top of old one that has to be installed with an electrician ....  
You know we need a better design for those things....
AND
today both my computers are just really ready to go to retirement same brand one sends out a constant overheat message ( I am using now ) & this old one has the battery encased & I cannot get to it
& the other one has hardly been used what since Oct as it went back to be repaired at start & then I let it sit because it would not behave & finally I had time & patience to try whatever & the time clock had been set wrongly when it went back for repair & once I found that & fixed clock everything worked as it should but it really is a LEMON twice now it has just refused to boot up & I I cannot turn it off & the battery has to run down
So in a minute I will go spend more money on another brand one !!!!!
I have to laugh when every mega business tries to force us with penalities etc to use the computer for accounts to be sent out as well as bills to be paid...or issues we need to speak to company...
  
****

Anyway onto rabbits...
I was pondering the work for today when I saw this in a box nearby...
This is a paper mache small box that I hand painted  & added a running rabbit.
I love the colours...

Just like the rabbits I watched a couple of evenings ago, frolicking about...
The mache box design was easily converted to fabric....
I used a white linen & maybe cotton blend for background & a linen taupe spot..stitched the words Paris Lapins & a couple of crosses & french knots & machined the rest.....
sadly that is as far as I got at that time....

I am happily painting this little lot to fly out of the country in a couple of days
We have some rabbits in the way of the thread winders....

This lot was the end of the weekend's work & all have gone to Corinne in France
The cat in the barrow of flowers is very sweet.... 

Now this cat.... my friend who comes in full of chatter..
His Mum went away on Monday & in the afternoon he called in & quietly disappeared & i thought I wonder where he is.....
There he was parked on my white bed cover on the corner 
as he knew it is out of bounds.
But in his cat mind his Mum had gone on hols & he was going to sleep on my bed
3 times I shuffled him off
last night he tried again.
He has someone at home in his house but....it's different !

No comments: