Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Bunnies


It was again hot here yesterday ...& ..
my day begun at just after midnight when the smoke detector decided it was time to scare the living daylights out of my slumber.   
5 weeks have gone by since it did this alarming trick on me...

Happily to say the man has been & a temp detector is now sitting over the old one as a wait now for the electrician to arrive to wire it all up.

In the early evening as the sun had sunk behind the bushland in the front.... 
I went to water the pots 
& as I do this, I get a lovely nature view
mostly it is the small mob of kangaroos that come into graze each night across the road...
but yesterday 
the 3 bunnies came hopping out of their burrow under the wild blackberry bushes
First there was one.... & then a pair came out & began chasing each other...
their little white tails bobbing about.

I moved to the front garden to hand water & I see the big tabby cat in the clearing 
...and by then the bunnies had gone far from their burrow...
but the kangaroos had moved closer to the action so assumed all would be ok...

Bunnies are here too...
safe in wool felt sampler work ...
so simple to make a little story for Easter or a piece to pop framed in a child's room
I love to overlay stuff, so I often cut small bits of felt or fabric to create a different look... add tiny beads...little stitches & some felt flowers I cut with my favourite scalloped scissors


.
 In the sampler there are several stories.....but one can be plenty  !!!
Including the chooks above in their little story...
oh ..I feel like playing now 
but I have a bit of painting to do and some painted buttons to post ..discipline LOL

3 comments:

Jane said...

I would love to have seen those bunnies hopping and leaping around with their little white tails ~ how adorable x
Gorgeous bunny creations from you too Barb, the cute little buttons show up really well with the background felt.
Hope your smoke detector behaves itself now!

theodora said...

Hi Jane, I guess you would be over there trying to rescue them ??? I feel it is a treat to see them & when they were tiny tiny they'd come out of the burrow to play just as I saw them do the other evening.
Your bunnies are on there way
Barb xx

Jane said...

Ah yes Barb, I'd be out there with my carrots and herbs tempting them all to come and live with me!!! But in the meantime I can make do with my lovely bunny buttons flying their way over to me. Many thanks x