Sunday, January 10, 2016

While ....Dawdling over Breakfast....this morning


I do dawdle in the mornings these days...
It's a swing back from the years I had to get up, shower, dress, eat & race to catch a bus or buses..
now in my more senior moments I love to dawdle....

Anyway this morning I was slightly sharing my breakfast table with odd pieces of yesterday's work...
&
I was skimming thru a Where Women Create Business magazine....
just the visual of business's in their creative states...reading a snippet or 2....
when I looked about me & saw some stray buttons on a tray...
after reading a bit on the hard core of income in business
I had an idea....
Now stay & finish the cereal...
So I did & set the jug to make my second pot of tea...
& raced to the office for the buttons I had scanned in yesterday
...
Laid something out..thought about size for posting...
Then whizzed back to the office to get some buff coloured paper...
&
I began to lay out buttons to make samplers
The aim began as  buying a mixture of buttons one could use to make a stitchery come to life etc....or to be able to buy a batch that match ( a bit )
the sampler was part of the package as such...
but as per usual....things take their own road...
squares became heart & circles...
using the fiskars plastic templates...
which I reckon are a great buy to have tucked up in a box just for this need...
look at this heart...this could  easily be a lovely appliqued fabric heart...or needle turn if one is so skilled ( I can do it BUT )
Or the heart could have seam allowances added & machine sew as a hanging heart.
Swap it to felt now ... 
How many uses
&
Then buy some more buttons & do your own theme in the sampler layouts... 

I am excited... !!!!

Now I have to select, the simplest & most economical packaging to get these on the out
One thought is the buttons in cello bag & the little layout inside ....no colour picture sample
This certainly reduces costs in production & what it will retail at....
I think it is the way to go...as I can use the layouts for other buttons ....lazy I know but no it is such a thrill to see people become totally creative them...
ohhhh I have more ideas now ..this would be a fabulous workshop... 2 hours or maybe 3 ...
Being CREATIVe
I would welcome your feedback on this packaging thought...





4 comments:

jennie ward-meah said...

Hi Theodora
Have just stumbled on your site. Love reading it now as part of my ay. I think your packaging would be a great idea. I have know you are Barbara for years and have one of your design embroidery books I have used to death. Keep the inspirations coming.
Happy New Year to you
]Regards
One happy reader
Jennie Ward-Meah QLD

kiwikid said...

Looks lovely Barb and would make a fantastic class.

Nicole said...

Dawdling is great, Barbara...
and very nice packaging indeed ! Bravo!

Maree: said...

This is a Great Idea Barb as a sewing group leader I'm always looking for something different with Swaps this would be a Perfect a Gift for a Stitcher are they Available Yet??
Cheers