Thursday, January 7, 2016

Back in older computer


yesterday .... the computer that has only really been in service for 3 months has had a fissy fit..it began it's life having one & at nearly $800 this label of laptop is a little poor...
So I was not happy when it just failed to load up to the windows...
anyway this one is still here & operational so we get to look thru the older pics...

I have been cleaning them up but this is a very old file I transferred across
The beginnings not quite but near of the button stories.

www.theodoracleave.com
 Sometimes the designs retire because if I paint another robin I will go ????
It was a lovely story & was very popular so maybe i will relook at the design & what buttons I have today in the collection...
 These were my first cat button designs
Simple but rather said it all
 These were not the first dogs in my collection as my brother had designed 2 dogs prior to these...
this was  the first lot I drew...& they were tiny....
 This I see was a button story in 2007 under the Woodcutters Daughter label as were all of the above.
This was as I wandered through my Tuscan love....& those trees got some copy battering in later life so i got so annoyed I withdrew them from sale....


But I love the design around the trees & the house is still in my collection today....gosh it is over 7 years since that was first cut !!!!
I later had the windows pre cut... as it was renovated & the door I still draw in....
It is the village house...

This I found at 2005...
Again the cottage remains standing  int he collection
This would be near to the beginning of the buttons
The apple tree was once used by Born to Quilt in her early days with using buttons...
I still have the odd one of these buttons show up in the messy box of old raw stock
But I like the layout....see this is why the computer went belly up...
it has taken me on an unexpected journey...into the past to reflect again on today.
Sorry you have been found wandering about with me...but all will not be lost...
You may see things in a different light...
You may look forward to the new designs being prepped for first machine cut & be warned there are many.....


No comments: