Monday, December 28, 2015

Before it all Begins again

The birch tree trimmings were set to work today...
I can rarely find a good twig or two before Christmas...
So I thought a au revoir Noel ...


Before, funny enough the  Christmas in July will begin.
For the stitchers & sewing folk Christmas in July is a little bit sooner than July
As decorations are pieced together before that time arrives...
Many work through the year 
making decorations and gifts for the Christmas to come...


Designers... well myself...
 start to consider the year now & what needs to be set in place early to have all the delights ready when we all do need them....

 And this year 
I am strongly considering a new treat of a sale
 of the Christmas Decorations  
just after I open up again on Jan 4th 2016

I have plans to paint them so these are ready to go when I do fling open the doors again

You see I usually have a strong demand  for Christmas painting all year....
so I leave things as they are in the raw stock boxes
This year I have stirrings for change....


So I need to have some thinks in that & also a nice fresh beginning...
Who knows ..
just now I have so
 many ideas 
thoughts roaming about 
I can be far more distracted than usual.....
But it is what I love the most....
Inspiration ...
thinking....
just pottering around... 
thinking some more ....


 These are the large 12 cm decorations & how wonderful they sit on a mid sized tree
add some of the felt small decorations pieced together with buttons
add a 
sparkly bauble or 2....

That just reminded me of Rick Rutherford & Christmas... 
his shop in Lawson in Blue Mountains..
Which I never got to see when I was back in Canberra...
So I had to explain when he phoned ....how I was back in Victoria 
but soon enough we were talking Christmas decorating as it is a favourite of us both. along with cats..

I still am so grateful for all he did for me when he was the editor of the  magazine 
Country Collections 
&
his inspiration to bring us 
Homespun
Lucky I got to play Christmas time in both those publications
If you are in the Blue Mts area pop in & see him & the shop !!
During our chat he said the other day a lady came in wearing one of my painted santa brooches from the trading days of Woodcutter;s Daughter...
I had forgotten that I did a good batch of  santa brooches.....idea ?? 

 Au revoir Noel

3 comments:

Gale said...

Where can you buy your artwork in the USA?

Meredith said...

I love Rick Rutherford's shop, and have some beautiful decorations from there...also received a gorgeous ornament for my tree this year made by a lovely friend using your Santa and three cats wooden decoration...just very special.

Radka said...

Everything you make is so beautiful, Barbara :-)
My best wishes for 2016,
xx