Monday, November 30, 2015

STOCKINGS

Yesterday morning I pulled myself into line ....
as I wanted to try the new things on a white stocking.
Simple but rather lovely...I thought

Once I began pulling the pieces I had painted toward me.... 
it was hard to call STOP 
Many fit so perfectly ....

I used some fine white woollen fabric I have ...felt, linen,calico etc would work but sewing up would be slightly altered...

I have a plan to do the stocking layout with a postcard of this picture and they each will have one of the buttons / decorations in the well what will be a big of a button stocking story.
I am sure so many of you will have stocking pattern layouts in your stash that will work...and so all you'd need is to buy one 2 buttons ....
The postcard is being done...I have the layout so will be about one week ...I need to think about the way I market this ...
Then I went out to lunch to celebrate a friend's birthday....
we went to a lovely old pub called the Boundary Hotel...
Nice spot perched on a hill..

Today I have heard from an old  friend when we met in Canberra ..not far from where I was  recently..my friend is living in Bath for a while & she & her husband are meandering around..
What a life ......sounds so much fun.  So lovely to reconnect...
Reconnecting with people in my past is always such a pleasure ...
as I have been transient really since I was 19....one meets & forms wonderful friendships & we all move off someplace ....or our lives change 
but when we meet up again those wonderful friendship memories are alive & vibrant once again

Best get a wriggle on ....

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Barb the stockings are just beautiful...more wonderful inspiration and things I want to make!

Nicole said...

Oooohhhhh!!!!! The red cat !!!!!
Is it a girl? Pouf is "amoureux".....