Saturday, November 28, 2015

NEW DESIGNS have LANDED !!!!

These arrived in yesterday....after waiting anxiously for a delayed express parcel...
one always worries when it fails to arrive as should be...
Happily there were 2 bags of boxes
Just look what was inside & had been painted...
This is my thrilling time..
as
I unpack & see them for the very first time
mind racing
colours
have I got time..
I didn't yesterday as I had to go to an exercise class
BUT
once home I painted some parts of orders & these....

copyright BJ Smith 2015
 These are fairly detailed in etching....
I call it drawing on wood.....
 as I mentioned in my newsletter last night... I did draw on the weatherboard panels on our front verandah once when I was quite young & got into some trouble.   
I was made to scrub it off & it really was so hard.....
such punishment for the creative spirit...LOL
 Stockings with a story of a robin, deer in trees , star & word Noel  I did 3 sizes 
15cm, 10cm & 5 cm....love them all but especially the tiny detailed 5cm one....
Robin bird has a tight design...which could be left without my painting any of it...
BUT
I painted details & it is a petite 3cm brooch or a 7cm decoration for all days
Santa faces are separate on a heart, candy cane & star....
I also tried them engraved on the piece I like them both but I must really decide which to do....
as so much of similar can confuse me...over time & the ordering gets tricky
 The Jardin Cat  has left the lady in another button & has been increased to 7cm right at that tail tip....
It's the big cat m
now
and somehow it suited blue....there has also been a red one painted but not on the web yet..

 Some houses for Christmas and one is 6 window sets for all days of the year..
2 trees come from this as well.... just a little more jaunty
Red Bird has come in for a Christmas migratory flight...larger for fun decorating in a project.


3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your buttons are so fun and would be cute on christmas pieces.
I still have two more blocks to finish, but working on christmas for now, then I can finish my blocks and make a nice garden quilt for the new guest room.

Debbie

Mãos e manias said...

they are all so great!
Love the houses and the cats!
Have a nice week end!

Meredith said...

Barb, these are just beautiful!! You are such an inspiration!