Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Zac & Basil

Yesterday I drove out of town back "home" for a visit.
It has been a while since I had been back...
This is always a bonus as I drive into a small spot before I reach my hometown.
Zac the donkey & Basil the sheep are still there...
The Basil is a bit of the PR type..meets & greets & then as I spoke to Zac as he came to the fence, Basil retires into the background.....
It has been a cold winter & Zac is showing a bit of age but a delight.

On the verge of spring & with much rain this winter, the flat fields on the drive out are looking at their best.
Green..... soft.

I caught up with my friends, saw a few changes in town, popped to see my parent's graves & then time to leave....it is a lonely drive in the plains but yesterday it felt quick.

Today it is raining early & I have some work to keep my focus.....
away from the dull chill of what is winter ....

No comments: