Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Trip to Melbourne

 Monday I had some appointments in the city so drive to Melbourne...
mostly in the rain....how odd of late LOL.
met some friends 
Stayed at anothers 
 & 
ate out for dinner & lunch.
Lots of chatter & catch ups...
I also had a lovely 2 hours in Camberwell, absorbing the new fashions appearing in the stores
wandering in Kikki with all the chill out things I love to do...
They have some magic classes on Vision boards, mindfulness etc...which i plan to do once I have relocated....
On my way home I went to visit Doreen at Stitch'n'Patch in Lilydale
see how her samples of my stitchery  designs were was shaping up.
This is from the 
SWEET COMPANY RANGE
there are 9 gorgeous stitching designs in this pack for $18 + postage from me or call into the shop in Lilydale & be inspired ....by the samples & fabric & threads& you will find the patterns & bucket loads of my buttons in there..

I just loved  the designed stitched in blue & light mustard... great combination 

I took my samples along to show....
&
Doreen had done this stitchery of the French Houses series
French Cat in Window
Barb who stitched my sample was given DMC221 thread to work in 
Doreen had a brighter red & on a different fabric texture..
She elaborated the flower stitchings to a buttonhole stitch 
so it gives such a different look to the same design
I love them both 

Rabbit in Le Jardin...
Stitchery from the Along the Garden Path collection of designs

Yes, this rabbit...he had to make a show of himself in amongst Doreen's flowers
He had been to Nicole's in France for my sample stitching & eaten all her lettuces 
&
Now happy as ???
In brighter colours on a white white linen type thread
in 
Stitch'n'Patch sample

I could not resist taking this photo of the designs featured in my very first book in 199???
Simple Stitchings
Doreen has stitched these in redwork & still has some of the screen printed designs as you see here in her shop.
I did the screen prints some years after the book was sold out.
Fabulous little stitchery to work into many projects....
*****
Tomorrow I have the next French Magazine features to show & tell
***
Must go move some boxes about...
twirl around  a few times
&
panic maybe

1 comment:

Damenana said...

It was so Nice.. I like coulors blues....
I Gad finish to embrodered the car in secret garden ...i like to...
Havé a Nice day