Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Simple Stitchings

My in box this morning has a note from a customer in the UK who had ordered & was reordering..
she told me that she had had the 
Woodcutter's Daughter 
Simply Stitchings 
for years 
had just come back to stitching after years of knitting & crocheting & 
had found my work again...
under Theodora Cleave....
I was clearing some shelving last week & I came across both small books 
Simple Stitchings 
( my first book in 2000 )
&
Simply Bliss 
a year or 2 later
was wondering if I could bore you all senseless with the book looks again...
well I am LOL but sharing a lovely little tid bit to go with it all

Simply Bliss
Last night I was stitching the border around another little garden scene I called
Sweet Melody
I stitch in a slightly different way than many & I love the look...
all bobbly & soft before I press it ...
I love always stitching with wool wadding at the back of my work...
So I am not that perfect look of today 
&
funny I was thinking about that last night.
Its my unique way in that I guess...
adapting to one's abilities not trying to squeeze myself into something I am not.


Taken a long while from 2000 to 2015 to get stitching designing again...
well that is not so true as I was always drawing & making stories ....
now I love doing the illustrations for you to stitch & make into all sorts of things ....
Simple Stitchings went to be a quilt as did Simply Bliss..no I don't have those samples anymore...
That is the other story...

No comments: