Sunday, June 21, 2015

Days of work


I went into this file hoping to find one of the market days in Canberra...
As I emailed my friend Philippa to ask did we really set up in the open air at those markets on frosty mornings.... we did.
The frost this morning reminded me of those days of busy busy off to market one Sunday in four.!
I found this divine memory I taught under a chandelier  once in this building....
It is gorgeous !
 Then I spotted one of my favourite doll designs
In the days of snail mail when I ran a newsletter where members paid $15 I think for was it quarterly ?
The aim was to provide something more in the way of cloth doll designs for the members before I produced it to the broader market..
This was one sweet doll with her tea stained calico dress...

These are also a favourite....
as I mentioned in an earlier blog with the Bless Them Stitchers fabric painting... 
I also did the same with my Christmas Journey Book
&
For an event ??? then I went to Warracknabeal to a Gathering 
taught the santa painted on calico. ( that little bag with the green ric rac top)
It is always funny when I offer such tuition...a few takers.... then once I begin & the first session go back to their seats beaming, everyone is so needing to paint today..
That day at Warracknabeal we were on the verandah & each time I looked up from the painting 
there were more eager faces waiting!
 Another of the small dolls.......
This one was made with a printed flannel.
I loved the flannel as it was so soft....


As you can see my cats the way I draw rarely change much !
Sometimes I look back & think have I moved on at all ???  !!!
But I draw from my cat memory....when I new cat enters my life I will draw them...they are all unique in the way they stand, sit etc...
Yes I observe them too....!
 And the angels were a brooch..... quite sweet.
These were modified from earlier angel designs that had the wings glued separately & then brooch back glued ...
That was a lot of extra steps in each one I had to paint & error prone as glue when wet can slip a little & that piece is then ruined for selling & 2 lots of glue drying were needed & it is not good fumes...
For another Gathering I took a risk of changing the way angels came....
It was less error prone for teaching & it looked so pretty finished & they grew into a button !
So they stayed for quite some years...
As I have said before 
I can often bring a design back into operation.. years go by & I think I want to work with that again. 

Now speaking of working... I have 9 stitchery designs now finished & the cover I think is sorted for first flight over to New Zealand  & then I will release on line....
Better go & paint first
  

2 comments:

Leeanne said...

Lovely designs both old an new. Your stitcheries were always a hit!

theodora said...

Thanks Leeanne !
Barb xx