Saturday, May 16, 2015

Paris theme

Copyright buttons & design layout Barb Smith

PS check out the stencil stuff on
www.onabranchabirdsings.blogspot.com

Last night, I was wondering what to sort through next 
grabbed a small box with the promise of mysteries ...


Under the fabric I had stencilled previously...weeks ago,
I had laid all the things I'd been working on aside to attend to painting orders...
&
 there were my 
Button stitchery stories drawn up ready to be told.
This is a version of the one I had drawn up...
Simple really...
&
This could become a needle case cover or
the cover of your journal of what stories you write 
or a projects idea book....
I was thinking a pin cushion..mini pillow thing...
On top of a Mache box to hold special things
...
It would look rather interesting framed... 
as the centre piece of a broader piece ...
see where it lays in the photograph... 
make an interesting collage for your sewing room....
****
You only need 3 of my buttons, the sewing machine, french mini scissors & the Mannequin.
I added a stamped piece of fabric that has a few mixtures of stamps to bring out the heavier Paris stamp
&
A stone heart button I found at the bottom of my sewing tin...

This I smiled as I spotted it had come from the country decorating days...I bought it at Berrima Patchwork shop when I used to live in Canberra & excursions to Berrima were so divine & when Lyn Wilson owned the shop it was my paradise..she always brought interesting things back from American trips.
This button has survived !!!
It would be 15 years ago 

Anyway enough of the history of such a small button
*
I anchored the design down with some gorgeous ric rac..& a few running stitches
Be Inspired !!!

I used the spray inks on this below & the above pieces... this white was a cotton serviette & really this pure lovely fabric is too fine as the ink bleeds....it would be better with acrylic paint & fabric medium mixed to keep it washable

 As you can see we had a bit of an experiment yesterday with the finer linen & cotton mix fabric & a bit of the thicker linen fabric
I think maybe it could be the colder  weather in that the inks are slower to dry & hence bleeding occurs...
or it is the defining of the words ..needs paint & brush to look stronger...

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Tell me, Barbara....why such a difference between the french and the english bunny??? I've seen rabbits in England, they looked the same to me... I'm just joking, but still, you will have to explain...
Le temps passe très vite, but I'll write very soon.
Nicolexxx

theodora said...

Bonjour Nicole..the difference is one doesn't speak French..so when it is in your jardin crunching & munching on the carrots it will not understand you...LOL
Au revoir
Barb

Nicole said...

Ok! I have migrant english rabbits in the garden, that's why they don't understand when I tell them to save at least ONE lettuce for ME!!!
Nicolexxxx

theodora said...

Hi Nicole
Possibly the word is out amongst the rabbits that your lettuces are delicious.... Barb xxx