Wednesday, May 6, 2015

New Button Rabbits arrived


Yesterday the final Rabbit designs for buttons arrived 
&
 I got out the paints late in the afternoon.
As you can see I did a few colours...
My sample cuts of 10 go nowhere these days when I paint in many colours...
But who cares more are on the way....
****
Bunny is the fat soft one... I don't think he is French 
&
The Rabbit Rabbit is French ... 
possibly after a fright, ears back... 
waiting for a lecture for being in the vege patch perhaps.
*****
I'll have to get another picture to show the pastel deers....
I was thinking of trying pastels in pink & lemon for a while to add to the blue & off white.....& a big herd arrived in yesterday so I ahd a couple to play with ....
As pastels move into the centre of the decor in some ways...
A Christmas soft thing could happen ???

Here they are 

I also had a couple of other things I wanted to muck around with
Mache box & a tiny canvas frame
You know try a little paint ..but stamp first...
i love them !!


It is pure uncertainity when I start these things...
no guarantee of any success
a mess could be happening as I add the next thing....
My risk taking spirit is often so silent 
I never get to hear it....
But in these things 
I come alive in a different way..


I used my rabbit stamps that I have made 
& a dear dandelion stamp I bought at 
Organise My shop last week..
thought it might be handy .... 

I painted the canvas after I stamped as I have a new stamp pad for all things & that was also getting a try out.
With the mache box I painted the surface first & roughly...then painted inside the stamp after stamping etc 


It is fun to use the same tools but mix up the process.
More and more of this style is moving through...
There are a few interesting online painting classes from America just happening.
But it is using stencils, paints, stamps, pens & buttons & any stuff really
off one goes....LOL

***
For one I love this creativity....it is unpredictable ....but so satisfying.....
*****
I will place all on the website later today from these pictures...


First though I need to get dressed !!! eat a good breakfast & go to walk about the lake & stop being a sook about the weather...then paint for Debbie & start for France also
I need a chef tonight....


2 comments:

Mãos e manias said...

They are really lovely!
I love all your buttons!

theodora said...

Thanks Maos
Barb xxx