Friday, May 8, 2015

My Autumn walking

I try to walk the lake each morning
At this time of the year it is amazingly beautiful
I took the camera the other day & did a fast shorter half lake walk & stopped to photograph what I had been looking at each day.
Except this little galah was a bonus...
As I focus there it was perched out of it's nest I guess....
silent , still, watching
He looks a lot better than some of his cousins cocktoos or cockateels  smuggled out of our country to another I saw on a news clip yesterday  stuffed alive inside plastic soft drink bottles !!!

How gorgeous is this with the lamp looping down through the leaves

This , is my favourite autumn tree...
Golden leaves of a popular 
The tree spreads wide 
& now it is shedding the gold very quickly.... the top of the tree has gone bare


Autumn making a real statement 

There are several big old olive trees...
I spotted they are fruiting....amazing

My duck friends.... there are several living here...
The one with his head in feathers just wasn't prepared to have his picture taken...
Or he was taking far too long to preen the feathers...
But the speckled one was keen to see what I was doing & kept coming closer...
They will come up to you & small children in prams eating a a bit of a focus for the ducks ...LOL 

3 comments:

Mãos e manias said...

Great pctures! Here in Portugal it´s spring coming up!
Have a nice week end!

kiwikid said...

That is a lovely place to have a walk Barb. The colours this time of the year are beautiful aren't they! Ducks must be quite used to people feeding them.

theodora said...

yes Sue & Maos...it is a nice spot with a cafe on the water's edge... rowing in the lake & lots of different bird life
Barb xxx