Thursday, May 21, 2015

Heading North


I am packaging some buttons of same sort of category together...
Such an original "Buttons in a Bag"
These began with Christmas, but I have warmed up on the idea now...
I could have had lots of squiggles on the label 
but part of me is adverse to fussy things...
Love it for other people but for me...clean lines ???
Anyway I like these ..hope you do.


Last evening I settled to warm up & watch TV... 
had to get a DVD from my collection & watched Black Swan, which was interesting & I will need to watch it again.....

Anyway I digress, I was sewing the raw big bunnies in garden button onto something which I made into a little bag, which I thought could be lovely for my lipsticks & mirror ...when I wander.

The other is the new Christmas Street scene ....it works well !!!! 
had lots of button holes 


Yesterday I found the Victoria Magazine  May/June issue just in Australia...
I usually do buy it & it still takes me to a softer side of life 
&
it is different.
I have been a fan of this magazine for decades & missed it awfully when it went out of print...


The Writer in Residence ...Phyllis Theroux 
wrote a defining piece about her mother.
"When Mother Ventured Forth Alone"

Gosh so much of this I identified with...
I felt I had found another kindred spirit...
This Mother at 68  wandered off to the South of France...no real destination plans or plans to really speak of... to set herself free.
I hope this becomes a wonderfully real interesting story.....

Some of my friends wander about alone with vague destinations 
but soon we discover we are a handful.....
we fly by the seats of our pants as we take off..
be it just down the road on a different road....
alone....
singing loudly to the music..
.or silent as our minds unpack...
to give room to think...

My mother of a different generation after my father died had plans like the bucket list of what she wanted to do.....hers were smaller jaunts..and things to try 
 she went & tried each & anything else that came her way
 &
 she also swam with 2 other 70 year olds each summer's day.........
Looking at that ..what chance did I have ?????
***
When I was in my late teens, 
still in my hairdressing apprenticeship....
in the small country town...
When it was my week to do the floors in the salon
I swept the street in front of the salon each morning.
Kombie vans with weird paint jobs & loaded to the hilt, 
or an old bus  would go past...
the tourist buses had also began to criss cross our country in the 1960's
It seemed some days that everyone young ...was going somewhere except me...
I so longed to be free.....
&
 one month after I qualified I caught the bus north ! 


No comments: