Thursday, April 30, 2015

Quilt Country French Magazine arrived


My copy of the Quilt Country French magazine was waiting for me when I arrived back on Tuesday.
I took a day off to celebrate yet another darn birthday......
It was soften by a day in Melbourne with an old friend & the next day with another old friend...
Old being I have known them a long long time !

On Tuesday I was at Doncaster shopping centre & my friend & I were roaming about...
Fortunately we both get excited about displays & designs of things...so we find ourselves in stores that leads us in because of their unique products ..
One was a beautiful beautiful children's  wear store I think called Pure ??? I will need to look that up..
The clothing styles, the   materials used & the simplistic style is an absolute art form.
We also found a Kikki store & I am always drawn to these stores with much to inspire & excite...
******
The Monday was a wander along MALING Road....but I purchased nothing...I certainly had a little look before eating lunch & then heading off to look at kitchen places....
My friend is renovating a house & we spent time peering into various cupboards.... 
walking about slightly bewildered at times.....ending the day at a big hardware store & finally in the garden patch of the store.
Both in the creative world in a sense ....
****
The magazine....
This is the second issue with the illustrations I did for Marie-Claude to work her magic with & stitch & set into her quilt design...
Also the teacup & saucer & teapot & jug & birthday cake are in a woolen  felt project by Marie-Claude
a Little Birdie Button Stitchery story... which is my forth in the last 2 issues of the magazine.
Of course there are many many wonderful quilt designs & stitcheries in the magazine...
All magazines are in French.
*****
It is interesting to reflect my love of French came early in my high school days when I began to learn French....but also was able to send a couple of postage stamps to get these little Country information books via the Weekly Times paper 
( we lived rural, this was the connections in that time )
The one I chose first was France & I spent many hours reading the details of what was grown in France, how they lived etc....
Hairdressing was very influence by French styling & the way one behaved in the salon was lightly modelled on the French....
so for a while I was being influenced....
Many years later I was drawn to Parisian style creating the 
A Day in Paris set of stitcheries into a quaint quilt.....( & living back where I grew up ) 
Once again I was enmeshed into part of France in my creative mind.

*****
I don't fly otherwise you have a fair idea where I'd be for much of my year....
However, many lament for me because I do not fly...
but for myself,
 I accept this phobia is tightly woven into my psyche 
& no amount of sedatives would help ! LOL 
On accepting...  
I also accept my limitations 
use my imagination to be slightly French ...LOL

Sure my wander lust would so enjoy roaming in all parts of 
France & Paris 
I'd burst with the absolute pleasure of seeing it 
being in amongst it.....

So the acceptance into France by the French  in my work for many years now....is just a blessing.
Things do happen without chasing them....
I have met many an opportunity from France.
So to all my French friends & customers over the many years 
Bonjour ! & Merci


6 comments:

shez said...

Happy birthday Barb,and what a lovely mag xx

Nicole said...

...get yourself "hypnotisée", Barb, and hop! on a plane to Bordeaux... I'm waiting for you!
Nicole

theodora said...

Thanks Shez !!!!
Barb xxx

theodora said...

Bonjour Nicole !!!
Been there done that....but just keep that wine in the cellar just in case my dear sweet friend.
Bonsoir Barb xxxx

Radka said...

Congratulations, Barbara - birthday and French magazine! :-)
xx

theodora said...

Thank You Radka
Barb xxx