Saturday, April 11, 2015

Perhaps I could go & mow the lawn


Mowing the lawn is not half the fun as spraying inks on fabric using stencils 

I bought these 4 sets of stencils yesterday at Spotlight
&
Often I just stash them away for later.....
But thought today I will grab some fabric & go outdoors 
the ink in one hand stencils & fabric in the other..

I nearly rolled in the fabric as the effect is just magic...
The linen I used is a mix of cotton & linen & is a biggish weave...
Tried a pure French linen napkin as you do..the inks ran a bit in the weave..still a good look & lastly some plain tea stained French General fabric got a hit on ink too.

So had to come & tell....
Again the people who did my workshops recently were shown this & had a bit of a play...
So you all know how simple it is....
Some then I stamped on ...just to see....








4 comments:

kiwikid said...

Love the stamping and spraying Barb looks very effective.

Jan said...

Wow, Barb - these are wonderful. I feel a trip to Spotlight coming on!

Tammy said...

That's a very interesting technique...Looks wonderful...

theodora said...

Hi Sue, Jan & Tammy
This needs to be tested for waterproofing if washing later....but it is the inks found in scrapbook shops.. Tim Holtz has a large range.
The stencils are terrific too for paint with a bit of kitchen sponge & dab on the fabric... then spray with overlay in another stencil or stamp of all.
Such magic for so little expense ..
Barb xxxxxxx