Friday, April 3, 2015

it has a Rabbit....

It has a Rabbit..... sometimes this French Rabbit is Easter Bunny as well as arriving at Christmas in now the 
BIG DECORATION size 12cm
This is when that French rabbit arrived... as I once said in a prior blog..he was so strong in my mind I had to stop that frantic pace of Christmas Painting to get him out on paper...
Then he didn't stop...as I drew him with Santa's & snowmen he started telling his own story.


All I can describe that as when you write a children's story....
pure invention...but loosely based on real life ....
with things to say....
I had not experienced that so strongly before in my work..


I can make up little tales of a day & weave it along verbally as my Father did to each of us children...
& it turns out as his parent did too...
with Khaki the Goanna... 
like the Easter Bunny this goanna was so real but I knew he was not...
Father would weave his day's story of work in the bush & delivering wood to people...
Now for me ...that story telling has grown stronger...
I hover over that ..wanting to really experience it 
but leaving a trail of excuses....
where I start...then oh something needs to be done....



Now this picture below I was pulling the Button Postcard loosely into as little felt affair last night..
You know ...it is fun...
a little stitch, a pop of colour... some linen..bits of felt...the bird got a bit squashed due to felt flowers I put in first & the the barrow was a bit tight...just say 1cm more but it was late & I was finishing off when I got to that...see when one doesn't measure .....
But
it can be made into 2 pictures using buttons & tidbits....
or
one button ..see the pot of flowers ...sit that onto a small note book cover, needle holder...
lots of things ..you all get it ....   

Everyday Angel decorations in 7cm size I tried out in the blue & pink
I am not sure these colours fit my dear angels...
I have a bias to the off white & the red....
maybe ???

Time to go roaming...I have to walk.....& the park is full of Easter tents...so someplace else needs to be chosen...
or 
I will delay that too !

4 comments:

Jacquie Morris said...

My my my you create such wonderful, pretty things....I love popping in to see them. Your bunnies are precious, very special..no, adorable!
Smiles :)

theodora said...

Thank you Jacquie... so lovely to see you always...Barb xxx

shez said...

they are all awesome Barb xx

theodora said...

Merci Shez
barb xx