Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A little workshop experiment

I have been wanting to experiment more with the workshop pieces I had done ..
The ones I'd kept for myself kept being sighted as I moved boxes of stuff about..
Today I thought just put that sewing machine out, grab some of the pieces 
and get to it...
So I did
then..
The bobbin ran out....
So I have stopped .LOL
This is so much fun....
sewing different sized pieces together....sewing a painted piece onto a plain piece of linen or something equally as lovely....
adding a little pop coloured fabric in the hearts....

  

Love this look with the red heart....primed for a button maybe...
even a mother of pearl button /s would set this off well.
I know the thread is there....it will be cut ..later LOL 


This has a background fabric of the Japanese fabric..name escapes me 
it is the look that is what it's about....
That touch as you run your hand softly over the fabrics.... 

Maybe some of you from those 2 workshops can now really have a wow time with the painted & the stencilled fabrics....

2 comments:

Tammy said...

This is gonna be beautiful when finished. I love how you just kinda put it all together and it looks great.

theodora said...

It's my kind of quilting Tammy, just add bits until it fits LOL.
Thanks Barb xx