Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Been interesting

This weather is fabulous....
slumber is deep & fitful...
the menu changes....
a jumper is yanked from the depths of a shelf...

This past week I have made decisions....
not to continue along certain avenues for the moment..
I always review the world I work in ..
&
there are times that many many things are happening behind the scenes..
If I commit to something I like to see it through, however at times this is not always in my best interest...and often it is an exceptionally extra workload I take on
&
behind the scenes are many balls up in the air at one time... travel is often involved..so these journeys can be very long & need to be well organised from every angle by everyone involved.

I have such a passion for what I create 
be it a stitchery, a brooch, button, decoration , booklet to get people thinking instead of just following what a designer says...that is sharing on the next level....
we are a fairly selfish lot when it comes to how we get a buzz from our work...
but one of the best buzzes is when a workshop full of people are eased from their comfort zones & stretched beyond what they had previously thought possible of themselves...
They didn't follow a ruled line.... they followed their hearts & smiled a lot.

I also enjoy speaking with people at events like trading shows ...where I get to stand beside my work ..& watch, listen & converse to many..this is another uplifting experience 
Again where we share moments with others....
those random conversations.
That is the front line processes where passion reveals itself in a different way.
Behind that display were many long hours of painting,organising, ordering ,drawing, packaging with mind on what can fit in cars... what is easiest to unload...what does not wreck a fragile back....what is quick to get the bones of a display working on a table...
Skills are honed as one does more of this & each time be it a setting up, stock display, workshop choice or event..reviewing how things panned out are also part of the creative process.

One of my friends said it again the other day
Barb you analyse too much...
Yes, I said I analyse... it is the way I am wired ..always been this way...so get over it !

But, when we were younger 
I was using those skills to keep safe in a family war zone ....
one had to know the layout of life each day one stepped into the house... 
If you are in this situation with children .....please consider how your children are processing this under the surface..you will not see it played out much ...
it's a shame & a secret to feel scared every day..from someone who "loves " you
I found peace before the age of 3
 in the hen house, 
the garden
 & 
a cat...
I created dream worlds later on until I was qualified 
able to move out...
So today what you see is lots of that cultivating ...which I just adore doing & being....
What  I dislike today is disharmony..... jealousy of another's position in life....rejoice in their ethical successes....reach out because I have found some delightful gems of human beings hidden in the shadows of life...
It has been a while since I gave one of my speeches ....it is part of my analytical mind  Now this spell check is not functioning nicely so we have a spelling error OK LOL
www.theodoracleave.com

3 comments:

kiwikid said...

I was too busy reading to look for spelling mistakes!! Lovely words...I am glad you have analysed 'cos it then encourages others to think. I have learnt too that there are quiet people around who are very creative and wonderful to spend time with, the noisy self promoters often are not.

theodora said...

LOL how many spelling mistakes did you find ????
Thanks Sue..I am always a bit nervous when I speak a little from the other side...but it is writing I just love doing....
I have also learnt that often others then speak up too... Like Carla Coulsen in her book Italian Joy after I had moved she said exactly what it takes & how it can feel & to explore as we go...I think you have relocated also so would know those moments..magic or odd.
Barb xxx

Radka said...

Lovely post, Barbara :-)
xx