Monday, February 16, 2015

While a storm raged overhead

A very spooky storm of lightening both sorts & cracks of thunder...
I wondered where to park myself
Finally I settled with a few scraps in a sewing tin & the hoop..
2 funny unfinished felt flower things from years ago, those felt flowers are so effective...
added buttons & finished stitching a stem
The angel was the simplest...
I had a brown paper painted circle I had cut once...
an painted large everyday angel
the red fabric was angling to stay or go pile
& the hoop.
All it needed....I was going to french knot around it but it stands tall by itself.
***
PS.......
I think the Mystery Quilt in Edi-Saxe magazine Country Quilts was on display this past week in Paris at a craft show...
I am looking forward to my copy in the post...might arrive today!!

Pop over & see what Shez has done on her blog with the class stuff..her blog is on side bar enjoying life etc... as she does !






4 comments:

kiwikid said...

Lovely Barb., the felt flowers are beautiful

theodora said...

Hi Kiwi Kid, those flowers are with a wool fine felt & one stitch to hold them in place..how magic is that !!
Barb xxx

kiwikid said...

Super magic!!

theodora said...

Thanks Kiwi Kid !!!
Barb xxx