Tuesday, January 6, 2015

What day is it ????

I like the holidays when I can dawdle about like now, but I really do lose track of the days...nice for a time though.
*
I want to express my thoughts to the people in SA & Victoria who are experiencing such horrible bush fires, who are watching their farms, animals, homes burn, who have been disrupted to move from their homes to be safe.
To the fire fighters & service personnel who are such a magnificent bunch of the best we in Australia have...many many volunteer & their families hope they all come home again too.
We are so lucky to have you all, risking your lives to keep many safe....
***

After thinking of that all this seems so insignificant....
But maybe it brings us a little relief from what surrounds us...that is ugly.
88888

My buttons & I are off to the Summer School, Mrs Martin hosts with the quilt pattern company Max & Louise in a weekend very soon in Melbourne.
I will be staying with a friend... so much to look forward to !

I do need to "apply myself"
I have been slowly painting for this & I think today 3 new christmas designs will arrive & maybe the few I will have can come along...to the Summer School as well as the Running Rabbit button which had been lolling about in the pasture for some time now, but I have called him back into work now & he will be in his usual small size & also a BIG Button...so today I think all should arrive in....
This running rabbit  was recently seen in the boxes, frames & goodness knows what else I painted in this summer break....
Loved it all so much......
the running rabbit was ideal one for some of the boxes etc...
I love my donkey.....& this picture was clicked, by chance & there
he was waiting for a friend in the garden....
on the other cloth donkey from the same drawing..
....................
Zac the cloth doll pattern went to a school fair this year made by one of the students & he was quite popular made in different cloths... one also is a young boy's pram companion in a soft soft fabric 
  
Update !!!!!
The new Christmas buttons & big running rabbit arrived today & all are painted & a glimpse of the new buttons are on the studio blog
www.onabranchabirdsings.blogspot.com

4 comments:

shez said...

Hi Barb hope you have lots of fun with summer school.
These fires are terrible and doing so much damaged hope they are over soon.xx

theodora said...

Yes Shez it will be fun watching everyone working at the summer school ....xxxBarb

Melody said...

Looking forward to seeing you and Karen at Summer School

theodora said...

It will be great Melody !!!
Barb xxx