Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Paint brush in hand

I really enjoy painting on this fabric.....it is a little rough on surface so the paint applies differently to a smooth hard surface like a wood button.
This was a free hand piece I did... I had recently worked on a button story with a similar theme....
You know I really think these would translate into an amazing quilt....it's the borders that would make or break it though...
Copyright Barb Smith 2015 
 This one was scanned in at a higher resolution for the size so it looks a bit scruffy...but again I like this style ..here the fabric weave shows more
 See by the time I got to this piece of fabric I was running out of ideas...
They come from inside..I store scenes, cats.... as I drive thru the countryside or the city.
One of my traits is I observe people as well LOL then I analyse things...
Obviously sort it all for filing
Anyhow.... this cat & sunflower subject maybe a bit familiar to some who either bought an old stitchery cushion pattern I think under Woodcutter's Daughter label or did it in some fabric painting class I did 12 years or so ago..
I kept looking at it & something bothered me....then it came to me...
I am not so keen on this topic ... but I was getting spent obviously  LOL
Time to get all my stuff ready to pack for the Summer School time away....
I always start a dawdle episode about now !
Once I had a bag that was for taking off to a class or some city destination...
now.....
I took a break from all of that for some years & now I have this mental dah te dah antic !!!
drives me crazy .... only a bit though.
Ciao

8 comments:

Radka said...

I love the top pictures. You are so right about a quilt/wall hanging :-)
x

kiwikid said...

Once again they are beautiful Barb!!
xx

Nicole said...

Hello, Barbara! I love the sheep, and the cat, and everything!
I do wish I could live in Australia...and go to your classes...
Nicolexxx

Melody said...

Really beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you at Summer School

theodora said...

Thanks Radke, I think I'll do some more of this ...Barb xxx

theodora said...

Hi Kiwi Girl, thank you thank you Barb xxx

theodora said...

Bonjour Nicole....
Yes the sheep I have had grazing for a long while & I love them always...
One day my friend..... you may come for a holiday ....& a class
Barb xxxxxxx

theodora said...

Hi Melody..super super to see your smiling face at the Summer school on Saturday. It was a great day...always a treasure to speak with you
Barb xxxxxx