Thursday, January 1, 2015

New year Treat

I have viewed many who have downloaded the free stitcheries from my old books of 2000 + era Bless Them Stitchers & A Year in the Country
I see with pleasure that these designs are still collected...
ah if one had republished the books again....I doubt if they would have sold to the extent of the free stuff...
& today here is a small gift for you to stitch.
What I enjoy with this is the download reaches many many people 
( this is different to me going berserk if a current image is downloaded without my permission OK ??? )
I would hope it also reaches people & gives pleasure to folk who could not afford to buy a pattern...
who use it over & over in different projects....

As I was saying on the studio blog 
that I was trawling through old files..
Well this popped up from 2000 design.
It is still a rather lovely design & she fits in the theme of the other book designs..
This laly went to the Houston quilt show with my distributor at the time
It was when I designed under Woodcutter's Daughter label.
You are allowed to copy this, always acknowledge it has originated from my design
Show me what you have stitched...
I always love to see things you have worked on using my designs.
"Some Days It's Just Best to Garden"
was the title & at times isn't that so true...
Well it was back then we had a vast garden in Canberra...
now I get excited when one lavender flourishes
Happy New year to you all
I wish each of you much pleasure & peace & a graciousness we can all move in our world as friends.


Now back to today...
I have dragged the vision board out & confronted it !!!
Thinking I hardly achieved anything much...
But once I had pen & paper in hand & looked at it...
I began to write what had been accomplished..
One of the things that really stood out was my mission statement & how that began to guide me in a way that was better for me...it weaved it's way through much of the year.
Other things felt as if they just drifted in without any initial effort to get them started..
Some things I will keep on going with & I have now opened up more time for some of these pursuits..
some others I will change a bit on focus...
but the main theme continues as it did when I first started pasting pictures in my sketch book the year that I made a major change in my world....
I think I need to state some of these in a broader brush stroke & then draw in small details to get the picture to look good...
I love doing Vision boards..
So today I will be cutting & pasteing & thinking & making a bigger effort with the goal setting stuff this year.
Love Barb


5 comments:

Gudrun said...

You know I love your designs and will stitch even this.Wish you a Happy New year!
Hugs from Gudrun/Sweden

shez said...

Hi Barb such a lovely design,happy new year my friend.xx

Radka said...

Thank you, Barbara :-)
Happy New Year,
xx

theodora said...

Hi Everyone, Great happy stitching !
Barb xxx

kiwikid said...

Lovely of you to make the design available to people Barb...Happy New Year to you!
xx