Friday, January 30, 2015

Just popping in for a minute


Well it is Friday night ..how quickly the weeks have gone  !!!
I have been doing a lot of things in preparation for the year ahead...
so you have to look at this picture i have as a sample of the buttons ..
It is one of those paper mache accordain books

During the week I had a beautiful note from Francine in Quebec she seems to see into my soul just from my work & the blog.....
I have got to see the postcards she sews to her grandchildren ..such an everlasting idea & so special for those grandchildren !!!
Another lovely friend thought it was an honour to be my friend...
Lofty words ...& soul warming to say the least.
I have got a good trace on the great grand parents from the Forrest side of our clan ..the mystery was there waiting all the while...in Port Melbourne ! 
I am now waiting for research data to be sent to read some of the antics they may have got up to in 1900.....

My new packaging cards all arrived yesterday ...bit excited with that & a little project with a favourable quote which will be revealed in a week or so....
and a wonderful request for painting for an American designer .... but alas I have much of my own to do...& want to do this year that I had to decline...& I need to slot in walk time to shed some of this packaging I have done in last few years.....

Today I worked on a second of the projects for the Boronia Christmas in July with Max & Lousie Pattern Company as well as a couple of new things now for the April workshop with me at Mrs Martins Quilt shop in Moonee Ponds 
OHHHHH nearly forgot..some new wood stuff has been submitted to be done soon as time allows...
I have trialled  a few little tidbits which I rather liked ...& drew some new designs...no not Christmas LOL......
So stay around .... I think I am about to get my work year onto paper for the goals etc... half baked stuff is as far as I have got then off I trot not well prepped ....life really...
That out of the box feeling I like..wing much..but I have some sort of measure at the back I guess...
I will never ever be orderly.....but I like to improve like good wine ..with age.  

www.theodoracleave.com copyright barb Smith

No comments: