Sunday, January 25, 2015

Felt It !!!


Finally got some felt happening, this goes on & on around here...
I usually get side tracked with painting orders so put them down & they go stale LOL
I needed to work on them for one workshop so after moving stuff around & I finally painted the pieces & plied the needle & thread.
Had such a great time I revisited it this morning...
& it'll be in plague proportions soon ......
www.theodoracleave.com
Copyright Barbara Smith
Met a new family member on Friday...
It was fabulous....
I was amazed that the genetic traits other than looks come through...
as we poured over the documents of our grandparents & further back ...things came to light that I had not seen...including our elusive Grandmother's history before she married....
maiden name Smith ...that was it until Friday & I got the names ...from her marriage certificate drrr !!!
being William Smith well I thought this will just be straws..
BUT I have found her ....well maybe she was adopted in one of those early quasi legal systems..
So I can buy copies of the files ..it is all very amazing & exciting.
Things fall into place....



4 comments:

shez said...

Lovely work Barb and yes the family tree is so interesting my sister had done some of our family tree and it's all so interesting what you find out,history is so interesting xx

kiwikid said...

Love your felt happenings!!
Well done on the family research...it is amazing how things fall in to place..

Melody said...

really gorgeous. i am in love with wool and felt - they always look fabulous

theodora said...

Thanks Shez.... yes the family information is getting interesting again !!
Barb xxx

Thanks Kiwi Kid...I am right into the felt now..yesterday was felt day !!
Barb xxxx

Hi Melody,
yes more reasons to use all that wool & felt you have now !
Barb xxx