Thursday, December 4, 2014

Some Christmas Spirit

No not the sort of Christmas spirit you drink from a glass
Just the ordinary buzz one can get from
decorating...
or making things to decorate...

The white tree I found as a kit, glued the slats to the stems, let it dry & white washed quickly with acrylic paint ..
for these sort of painting jobs ..
if you don't have a brush, just use a sponge from the kitchen & wipe paint on..
My snowman & santa are simple designs of mine in felt..
and
the hand painted wood decorations 
I painted to decorate this wire Tilda tree...

I have had this simple stocking design kicking around for a few moves now
Using the wool felts of today...it has stability..but is soft.
Add a cuff on the top.... use scalloped or pinking shears for edges..
sew some of my reindeer on the cuff....
If you do a small size use the smallest deer button... 
mid size deer for not as big 
the the BIG deer for  big stocking

The length of the stocking can look a bit bare..
add a little circle, oval..square in the  length of stocking
sew on in felt
a
circle
or a square
or 
an oblong.
Do a scene with 2 winter trees & a small deer.
How simple is that !! 

6 comments:

kiwikid said...

Inspirational Barb!

shez said...

Hi Barb would you please put my name down for your lovely giveaway,,i have sent 2 replys to the newsletter one and they keep coming back to me,lol,thankyou for a wonderful year of friendship and teaching,see you next year my friend.xx

Gudrun said...

Wonderful ideas and very inspirering.
Hugs Gudrun

theodora said...

Thanks for the inspirational egging on... from all of you lovely people !

Shez thanks for the email ..which prompted me to look, Val had also said something.... so names are in the draw... bon chance
Barb xxx

Christine M said...

Your little trees are lovely, Barbara. So is your stocking.

theodora said...

They are good buys Christine..handy for how I decorate....Barb xxx