Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Art Gallery Bendigo

Yesterday I met a school friend for lunch at the Bendigo Art Gallery Cafe....nice atmosphere there & looking out down into the park below....
We walk thru the gallery to arrive at the cafe....
There is an amazing huge art work in the gallery that was commissioned by a bank some years ago.
It is enormous...enamel & gold leaf on hessian or something as exotic....it shines, the colours ....the abstract seasons of the year.........I am drawn to it for the colour & the niave drawings....

It takes me back to Cheri when she traded as Cute as a Button in USA & was a folk artist & later began to quilt the magic borders she had on her work......

Anyway...after lunch  we then strolled over the road to the antique shops & this is a book binding shop window that I first saw as I drove up the street one day recently....it is so effective ....
The other shop shines with lights & glitter & beautifully decorated....

Later we pottered about at my place for a couple more hours...
In the evening I had a Christmas do to be at ..right next door...
Today... no play LOL 




2 comments:

shez said...

Hi Barb boy you had a busy day yesterday sounds like lots of fun,hope you have a lovely day my friend.xx

theodora said...

Hi Shez... great day yesterday trying to model you ... having greta days always !
Barb xxx