Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Decorating as I post the orders

Last week when I was at Hobbysew I found this very useful Christmas tree by Tilda products.
It is really grand for display...
For the top of the tree I blue tacked a little red birdie with white spots, the remainder of the big decorations I tied with string only because where have I put those wonderful little metal hooks ??


In the post this morning arrived the Quilted Crow pieces of woolen felt
which I had purchased from Mrs Martins Quilt Shop
13 x 10 " pieces @ I think it was $5.50 a piece.....
arrived in soft caressing wool & the colours are perfect..
Pity I must paint....
but I am too overwhelmed at the selection to do anything but pat them


 Onto another visual delight by an artist I have recently found & who is a old friend.
I adore the beach scenes......boats ... 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I've had a similar tree for quite a few years. Someone I knew online imported them from the US and I purchased one. It comes out every year to display my ornies which i collected in swaps with other sewists.

theodora said...

Hi Amanda, when I spotted the tree I thought it was one I'd seen & I am always on the look out for small portable Christmas trees......it would look lovely with sewn ornaments.
Barb xx