Saturday, September 13, 2014

The old LE JARDIN quilt

This sits on a couch near where I work, folded over I could just gaze on & off in my painting breaks to the flowers & just the way it looked. 
 I thought it is rather lovely in the strong base design....
being of the ego minded LOL
I have a very hard inner critic
 It has the freshness in the fabrics chosen of spring...
I designed this also while living in Cohuna...2nd time...!
As they said in Something More by Sara Ban Breathnach 
 I was repotting my life..
Of which I a doing now...
Not sure what size pot or the colour to suit me... or where it will be set down...
To face the morning sun is to be sure....
 A little red was added for strength....
I love that strength in colour that draws one's eye away from any overall blunders to be pleasing overall..
to let one settle on a piece to gaze & day dream..ponder..
 These were the other bits...
I can sew to my friends...
....it is just... I don't like the discipline that sometimes carries over in different times of this business....
painting is freer for me... 
the colours glide over whatever I am doing....
I am of course more confident with the brush because I paint most every day & have done for over 20 years now...
My business ventures began in the early 90's 
So I am not new to the view, 
ut the view constantly changes...
What I get a huge buzz from is the art and creativity of doing business
The days when it all works...
the days when I can weep over things gone array...
overwhelmed to catch the last gasp of natural light as the work accummulates
the days I punch the air ... unobserved I might say..when something works 
or
a fab opportunity arrives unexpectantly


Chance is always a constant travelling friend of mine
as is being morally fair...
I was never raised in an actual christian faith but heck I have some good ethics & morals that are not always displayed by some who have been educated in this field...
I thank & at times curse the faith of my Irish quaker great grandmother Dorothea..
She sure passed that on down the line.
  
&
to think my mother & her siblings were forced to read nothing but the bible on Sundays & attend church twice a day...
No knitting... no makeup...no dancing...
So where did I come from ??? LOL

4 comments:

shez said...

lol lovely post Barb,love it.xx

theodora said...

Thanks Shez... Barb xx

kiwikid said...

Something to think about Barb.....I have come across good church going Christians who had very questionable ethics & morals, but they go to church and all is forgiven.....my Dad was the best role model for me, no church for him but you could not have found a better person, caring giving, honest.
Sue
xx

theodora said...

Yes Sue I get that too LOL
Barb xx