Thursday, September 11, 2014

Have a grin

www.theodoracleave.com

These designs from my book Bless Them Stitchers of 2000 are frequently copied & have been cleared to do this only...
Each time I check that nothing is being downloaded that should not be....
I often spot this picture
&
I have to grin...
The story behind this drawing...
So I thought I'd share my mirth...

The garden seating & shubbery was where it began 
as I sat in Mackay Gardens I think it was called in Canberra waiting for my appointments with a peridontist...
&
subsequent bad news that my gum needed to be cut & stitched as the ligament that held the tooth was damaged.. 
while I sat upright & awake in the chair


I draw when I wait 
I think I did a lot of my following Christmas book in this waiting spot
Drawing removes me a little from any waiting 
if it is acute stress I let it take me further...
So 
it is often an illusion I am calm..... 
I present this form an early learned behaviour ..
it's my favourite default mode....
Just before I bolt LOL


I love cats so these puss cats came in as did apple trees & big happy flowers
I am sitting tense see how I hold at the base of the spine...
Drawings reflect the person who draws them....
Interesting...
&
It turned out a pretty story to stitch...
This was in the era I was also able to give up smoking !!!!
I was very addicted to cigarettes but 7 days with stitches in gum gave me a great reason to halt that smoking I had done for over 30 years....

4 comments:

Leanne said...

That's such a nice memory, Lovely drawing to,

theodora said...

Thanks Leanne ..it's maybe unusual but I have an elephant memory & often can identify an event or an emotion of a drawing I have done.
Barbxxx

shez said...

Hi Barb,such a lovely read.xx

theodora said...

Hi Shez,
Glad you enjoyed the tale..... Barb xxx