Sunday, August 17, 2014

Workshop with Mrs Martins Quilt shop

Wow !!!! where do I begin ????
The workshop was fantastic....!!! 
I had the best time...
Watching each creative spirit rise to the surface 
& make it's way onto painted finishes with the aid of layering with stamps & buttons & stuff  was such a reward!
It was a technique & ideas day.... 
 I was so thrilled at the responses....
I know everyone will now look at the world a wee bit different !
I will...

Karen who is Mrs Martin's Quilt shop acquired this fab space in Ringwood at Tintern School.... with some assistance from Kerry..
It was a great great space, clean, warm, kitchen etc etc.
Karen began our day by serving up morning tea....
She not only makes quilts !!!
We eased into the day as the arrival of people..leisurely strolls  along the selling table & the workshop ideas table 
 We painted & got the feel of paint on the brush & on paper...
Then from our sample bags came a small paper mache box to paint, then a canvas frame...some buttons to use...
After lunch we all ventured outside to do some spraying over stencils & onto a piece of calico.
 What I wanted from this day did happen....
& from what the women said as they left or emailed later
It was a day of creativity.....
Friendly as we all mingled at the stamping table & after at the stencil spraying...
I watched clusters of people chatting as they stood watching or just resting.
The day was casual yet creative...it gave time for each of us to ponder, to chat & to see what each had created... 
as well as eat cake ! 
Painting isn't a non messy look... 
so on each picture I took a lot of hands & cups with water & foiled plates with paints squeezed on....
but peer closely at the creations in progress.


One lady was having her birthday treat & now thinks this is a fab idea for a friend's birthday.
Lisa from Max & Louise Pattern company was there 
& this is  the venue where the Mrs Martin's Summer school will be held that Max & Louise run...with Mrs Martin
Leeanne from Petals &  Patches was also with us...
Maria reminded me that we had met, she thinks it would be 10 years ago with a Gathering that Attic Crafts held in Bendigo in the beautiful Greystanes building...
Much coming together...
Which is how Country Friends & I started & ran our Gatherings of Hearts & Hands so so many years ago in Canberra..
It was where people came alone often, as strangers & left making friends which I would guess some still keep in contact...???
One of my original Gathering favourite people & now friend, Joy smiles from the collage above..

I drove back after the day, just before the sun set.....
This next week will see me very busy as I have many orders now waiting...they arrive on the same days or come in one after each other.....
But what a great end to one week & a great beginning to this one.
To the wonderful people who came yesterday..  a big warmest Thank You from the bottom of my heart
You all warmed my soul.
If anyone would like me to get paints for them....
or reminded where I found things
Email me !!
Barb xx

17 comments:

Jan said...

What fun, Barb - I do love your creations. Wish I'd been there.

theodora said...

Thanks Jan. Next time you might be there !!!
Barb xxx

shez said...

Hi Barb thankyou so much for a wonderful day filled with fun and friendship,i love your zest for creation and life,hope we meet again my friend.xx

shez said...

me again Barb i was to say hello to you from my friend Dzintra and i didnt see her message until our class was over,hope you also had a safe trip to Bendigo.xx

theodora said...

Thanks Shez, so I am so happy you enjoyed my workshop...... & embraced the creation stuff . I just loved it totally.
Karen suggested this morning maybe we will have another ...
Dzintra is a wonderful person... say hi
Barb xxx

Leanne said...

Thanks Barb for such a relaxing & creative day. First class I have done in many years - so inspiring and nice to be on the other side of things! You are so giving - we were truly blessed to have you do this class. I know what you mean about things coming in all at once - so hope your week ahead goes smoothly. Hugs, Leanne

theodora said...

Thanks Leanne, pleased you liked the day & chose this workshop to come to
It was such a lovely day, keeping me warm today !
Painting is progressing pretty good.. & it's a windy cold day....so inside is ok
Barb xxx

max and louise pattern co said...

Dearest Barb, thanks so much for a lovely relaxing day. I had a ball!!! (even if I do use toooo much paint lol) Your goody bag was just gorgeous. Hope to see you again soon.
Lisa xxx

Melody said...

Thank you so much for the most wonderful day. I had the BEST time and came home with my mind buzzing with inspiration. It was wonderful to meet you. You are such a warm, creative and inspiring person and I'll be first on the list if you do decide to do another workshop. It was such a great group of women too, lucky us to all get together and spend time with you and sweet Karen too.

theodora said...

Hi Melody
I am so pleased your time was the best too.... Thank you for the compliments .. soon I'll have this ego to drag about LOL.
Great re coming to play again... I am into laid back people gathering things where we be creative.
Thanks Barb xxx

theodora said...

Thanks Lisa,
Never too much paint.... it was fantastic... I love this style of workshop because everyone does their thing & it's new ...so behave LOL !
I enjoyed seeing you again... always a treat ..
Barb xxxx

Farm Gate Creations said...

Thank you Barb for such a wonderful day....it was truly a beautiful atmosphere and I had so much fun just creating with all of these wonderful ladies....have a beaut week. xx

theodora said...

Thanks Tracee..if my research is right. I love all the pics except of the day on your blog !!!
I loved the atmosphere too & I aimed for that so I think it worked out well & working with Karen is always a lovely time ....& the room was fab
So pretty good with that cake as well.
Barb xxx

Leeanne said...

I read about this wonderful workshop from a few women who have blogs. Sure looks like so much fun!
You are very creative.

kiwikid said...

Thank you Barb for an wonderful day, great atmosphere, lovely people, thank you for being so generous with your knowledge, enthusiasm, paints, stamps and stamp pads etc. Came home inspired to do more!!! Hope you have another workshop - I will be there too!!

theodora said...

Hi Leeanne,
It was a really wonderful day... I enjoyed myself !!!
We are planning some more... so stay tuned !!!
Barb xxx

theodora said...

Hi Love all the pics you took, what a memory.... I should have worn that paper bag on head though.

I was so thrilled that everyone was having as good a time as I was....Karen also was thrilled... & yes workshops are being cooked up.
I spoke to Karen this morning...so stay tuned.
Barb xxx