Thursday, July 24, 2014

Things do

copyright Barbara Smith

What day was it..now ????.. Wednesday...
I decided it was time to go seriously look at a new car.
I rang to check if I needed to book a test drive & if it was what I was wanting to drive.
2 red ones.....I thought time for change of colour as well as car type....

One I was going to test drive & while at the curb changing into first gear 
I was rear ended 
by one of the mechanics in his car !!!


I am fine but it does not take much to jolt my stiff old injury sites...
and may I say the memory is triggered & I get more hyper vigilant than I have been for many years..
I was lucky the physio's I  go to squeezed me in for a nice check & rub & tomorrow I return again....


So I am nervous about picking up the car next Wednesday....& driving it home 
Loads of self chatter going on here !!!
It will be rather wonderful to explore this new travelling companion .

I thought in some perverse way that this was a jolt I may well have needed to shuffle me along..
Who knows where it will take me.....
I was slightly restless being such a dull winter & all ...


You may gather from the collage above I am well into Christmas mode....never leaves, it seems...
Today I paint holly & snowmen...lots of snowmen..
tomorrow santas & lots & lots of them...
& so it meanders on


I am so pleased with myself that I have painted the Christmas Club second posting early...
I now have the delight of squeezing that into posting boxes....
& the holding my breath at the PO counter as they get weighed....
it never equates to my kitchen scales at home !!!! 

SPEAKING of Posting ..well magazines from www.stampington.com arrived yesterday with a new posting services from them saw this arrive in 14 work days ....it has been slower like a month...& I think the precious magazines are lost...
So now things are back to good posting it is tempting to buy more .
I bought 
Where Women Create
&
Where Women Create Business
This latter one is not exempting possible business thinkers & in creative businesses we are often marginalised so it is fantastic to read of things we need to think about, consider or learn if taking new steps etc etc.....

I always find interesting things I have been wondering about & reading inspiring creative business people's stories is the food I need always !

Where Women Create has this strong ingredient too 
Where Women Cook is also fab magazine because it builds on dreams...


I know I am forever banging on about being a unique creator if you go wandering off to design or to set up shop...
But this sets these people apart...
they  follow their bliss not skim in on the coat tails of another's dream.
It takes courage & being niave to the market force at the time can be an absolute blessing....because you just try....
I rarely view other's works in direct line of mine 
( except to do a watching brief on copyright breaches)
I don't use much fabric today, & so I don't stop at every quilt shop to see what is happening, but I do enjoy a quick browse & a touch of the fabric, it is a tactile thing for me in these later days of nearly 20 years of following my bliss or lets say try to !!!
.
I do wander into gift stores, decor stores & colour jumps out & so does more of same... I know then it is time to try something else that I've been seeding in the back of my mind...
Ability stymies me sometimes such a bother that is!!!
but .....
there are some tips I guess..
from someone who tries to be 
independent of anything....
I was born with that defect,
sometimes it is great 
other times it is not as great LOL
Stay true to your bliss.... read these stories broaden the mind...to things you may not think are relevant.
Love a great shop window display not for what it displays but for the patterns it makes..



No comments: