Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Cards

These were cards I drew & had printed way way back as I began to shift from having a market stall fulll of hand made things to designing cloth dolls & these cards.
I had developed a frozen shoulder & it was really ouch !!!
I could not continue to sew & paint every day & night as I had for 5 years,...
When I drew these I could only draw..not stitch.... or paint or sleep thru the night or pull my jumper off over my head... just waiting for the pain to go & the physiotherapy to work it's way to mobility.
I still love these drawings & this is about 1995. 
The one on the right lower became a stitchery called 
A Bend In the River
Beginnings ..another one where I began again....
Who knows where that path takes one ....

2 comments:

Jacquie Morris said...

Gosh these are really wonderful... and interesting memories attached to them too... I do hope your feeling better now... some years later?
Smiles :)

theodora said...

Thanks Jacquie! I was reflecting as these came by me again...
Oh yes much better...
Barb xxx