Sunday, July 6, 2014

Puss cats

These buttons made a sweet little needle keep..which was featured in one of the button story booklets...these were run as clubs first...
It takes just 3 gorgeous buttons of mine ( of course !! ) 
The bee, Meow cat & bird on topiary tree...
A little circle stitched some sort of twiggy flowers 
& the cover is done.

Yesterday when I posted the cards, I was reflecting on the change that is sometimes imposed on us.  
How times challenge us to change what we are doing 
& often as was in my case, 
loved what I was doing !


I had written to some friends yesterday who were moving through their creative ways & pondering on what was to come & they were  critical or comparing.
I look back at how I fumbled my way into the creative side of life..
Like all the lights had gone out & finding paper & pencil worked but nothing else did back when !
Ink was my friend & still is...I love an ink pen ..!


Paints came several years later & 3 lots of beginner's classes & loads of books I learnt & found techniques I aspired to...not all of that worked either!  
I was not a naturally taught painter but over time the brushes I chose & the paints..we became friends...
I developed a technique for me that worked ( still does today & that is over 20 years at least....)
I practiced over & over those blended rose petals ....each time I sat to paint a large piece with flowers was a challenge...
Holding the brush, the pressure applied to the wood with the brush paint, the weather as paint dries differently in each climate...& internal air controls, the daylight in different times of the year changes ....
it's all there.

I never take it all for granted but I have such gratitude today
that I can...
 draw much easier....
I paint with much precision & certainity....
It takes time to be detailed.... precision .... 
a calmness is required to be centred in myself & I sink into the world of an alpha state....
you see I get to meditate as I paint orders !!!
I am a teen of 1960... for me it all makes perfect sense.


No comments: