Wednesday, May 7, 2014

On a Roll

copyright Barbara Smith 2014

It began as a kind of ordinary morning...
Painted some deer, did santa's beards x 10
couple of angels
Using the off white colours on my palette.
I stood for a break & spied the painted linen I had done yesterday & thought
I'll do this scrap of linen here....
paint & stamp for an event in Boronia in June...
Ha... that turned into odd strips to be tossed...
Oh no these can be used too..
So I have taken a road just a bit off the track
It is such a place I adore...
Painting & then choosing all the stamps in a kind of random rush...
Standing back to look ..
seeing some linen cut ready for button stories to be stitched ...
Pulling a button from a tray & so it began
I adore the stockings....
Then it was these French lady buttons
& those strips are just so exciting to see what will look good.
I can imagine some of you may think this is messing & that is all you will ever see...
I look at it & the creative potential is always an unknown & it's just exciting....
So this is the  style of the class for August in Melbourne..
that I keep talking of...
I get so excited when something new branches off from what I have begun some time ago now...
Like several years....the journey is always interesting.....










No comments: